There are some things that I am okay with. The usual stuff that would give most people the heebie-jeebies, i.e. bugs, spiders, dirty diapers, even snakes. I can handle most of these creepy crawlys without much hesitation. Basically, Im not one to turn into a hysterical mess at the sight of one of God's creatures, unless it falls from the sky and tries to eat my face.
Here's the story. Its early Monday morning and I had just got out of the shower and was heading to "my" bathroom in the master bedroom to blow out my hair and put my face on. Derek was still sleeping so I quietly closed the bathroom door and grabbed my makeup bag when all of a freaking sudden (eww, my skin is starting to crawl) falling just inches from my face was a 5 pound bug. At least that's what it sounded like as it hit the porcelain sink and started to skatter about to gain its bearing and obviously lundge for my face.
Because it I barely saw this thing clearly as it fell in front of my eyes I had to look at it (just for a second) to truly take in the gruesomness of it all. This THING was the stuff of nightmares, no joke. If you are familiar with Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and the part where Indiana finds the secret tunnel that is infested with the most horifying and monstrous bugs you know what kind of panic I was suddenly thrust in. I became the picture of hysteria. Cool, calm, collected me was now heart racing, jittering and freaked out me.
I jumped out of the bathroom and slammed the door behind me all the while squealing with disgust and horror. Poor Derek woke with a start, "WHAT'S GOING ON!! WHAT'S HAPPENING!!"
"ITS A BUG, [huff huff], YOU HAVE TO KILL IT!!"
"WHAT?!?"
"A PREHISTORIC BUG!! IT TRIED TO EAT MY FACE. KILL IT!!!"
You get the idea. He grabs one of my shoes and slowly opens the door. At this point I think the animal has crawled out of the sink and was lying wait on the other side, ready to jump at me.
"HONEY, NO DONT OPEN THE DOOR. ITS GOING TO GET US!"
He shoos me off and cautiously opens the door.
"Oh, your right. Get me one of my shoes."
Lucky for us this creature was still in the sink, but Derek couldnt get the right angle to crush the life out of it. So I grab him the Raid and he spays away. Right before the monster twitches its last twitch, I took this picture of it. This shot should be pretty close to life size. It was about an inch and a half long and about an inch across, leg to nasty leg. If you are sqweamish...well it's too late. Sorry about that.

1 comment:
Sick! Centipedes are at the top of my list of things that freak me out, and that is WAY WORSE than a centipede! I probably would have hyperventilated and had to put my head between my knees [right after screaming like I was being murdered and making Willis kill it of course]! LOL
Post a Comment