Monday, March 30, 2009

Knitting

I have now purchased two knitting magazines. My intention is to use the patterns published in these magazines to knit fabulous sweaters, gloves, socks, hats...you get the point. But I have yet to finish many of the simple "first" projects that I have assigned myself to warm up with. I do have a completed but too small baby blanket. I plan to felt this blanket and make a bag out of it. There are 2 cotton wash cloths that have been completed and a merino wool ribbed scarf. Among the projects started but not completed is a avocado green acrylic baby sweater intended for Adalyn and a narrow merino wool cable-knit scarf.

I want to knit the cool stuff. I want to go out in a personally knit creation on my back and crow with pride that I am the creator of the beauty you just complimented me on, but alas...I may never get that far. My eyes are too big for my stomach.

After nearly six months of no knitting my needles are back in action but at stage one. I am starting another cotton wash cloth to get my rhythm and flow back. My aim is to finish the wash cloth while simultaneously felting the too small baby blanket and fashion it into a purse of some kind and move onto the unfinished cable scarf. If I can complete those three projects I will reward myself and knit a pair of leg warmers I have been dying to get started on. With any luck I might be working on the leg-warmers by summer and have them in time for fall or winter of this year. This is my plan and I put it in writing with the intention of binding myself to my goal.

Wish me luck.

No comments: