I had such a great day yesterday. By simply taking stock of the nature that surrounds me I was able to get in touch with a part of my spirit that has been long neglected.
Derek, Adalyn and I went out to Mather so that Derek could hit balls at the driving range and Adalyn and I went to the Mather Lake and park. While Adalyn took advantage of the jungle gym and the rocks lying about (she loves to collect rocks) I was able to sit and be healed.
I felt the wind, coolly caressing my face and saw the cotton from the cottonwood trees swirl through it, giving the wind a visible tangle quality. I trained my eyes to erase the signs of civilization on the horizon and imagined I was out in a vast field. Northern California is truly beautiful country. Looking up I could see the low lying, clear white clouds moving about in the air and in the distance I saw the enormous thunderheads that brought us the spectacular light show last night. Around me there were over 60 Canada geese, and yes I counted them, foraging in the grass and interacting with one another. What was most amazing was how I was craving all of those connections with nature. The sights, the smells, the brushing of my skin by the wind. I realized that I needed that time out there.
Then to put such a spectacular cap of the day, I beheld the raw force of nature in an electrical storm. The lightening was pulsing through the air like a strobe light and the thunder never stopped rolling. At one point, right before I fell off to sleep, the thunder clap was so loud it was like it went off right over head. Amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment